The Swingin’ Set is a weekly ladies golf league that plays at the Village Links of Glen Ellyn on Tuesdays, May through September. The 9-hole division tees off from 7:00-8:30 a.m. and the 18-hole division tees off from 7:00-8:15 a.m. Fees assessed upon approval of your application include the annual membership dues of $25.00 and a handicap fee of $40.00.
The Swingin’ Set Golf League has a limit of 80 members for the 9-hole division and 65 members for the 18-hole division. Prospective new members are prioritized in the following manner: returning members, then those who live within the Glen Ellyn Corporate limits, then nonresidents.
Who is eligible?
New members will be accepted on a provisional basis for the season if a handicap within the required limit is demonstrated.
- 9-hole division = handicap of 36 or less (~average score of 72 or lower)
- 18-hole division = handicap of 40 or less (~average score of 112 or lower)
How do I satisfy the handicap requirement?
The new member will provide Membership Chairperson with a Chicago District Golf Association (CDGA) handicap card or a USGA equivalent.
What if I do not yet have a handicap?
Submit three (or more) attested score cards with your application. The Village Links of Glen Ellyn will issue the player a CDGA Handicap based on those scores.
As a new League player, can I participate in each week’s event and receive the corresponding points?
Yes-every League player is encouraged to play every week and will receive participation points. Before you become eligible for event points, however:
- New member must have a handicap (from Village Links strongly preferred), for 9 or 18 holes, the same as the league division in which she is playing.
- Handicap must reflect 10 attested scores, of which a minimum of 5 scores are from the Village Links.
- Any round played (league or non-league) at the Village Links counts towards the scores needed to be eligible for league event points.
How Do I Apply for Membership?
Fill out the form below for more information or call (630) 469-8180.